Harness the Power of PI Planning with Distributed Teams!
By: Stephanie McCormick, PMP, CSP-SM, SPC
- Planning with a single source of truth and continued alignment into the Program Increment.
- Integrating with existing Agile Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools so teams do not perform duplicate work.
- Allowing real time edits for fast paced changes within and among teams and plans are visible to all Agile Release Train stakeholders.
- Providing the powerful practices/tools of on-site events such as ROAM boards and dependency strings on Program Boards.
- Implementing Security – your plans are private to your Agile Release Train.
- First, consult Scaled Agile Framework itself for some great advice for PI Planning with distributed teams.
- Select the conferencing tool and breakout rooms that everyone can use –
- The Team Iteration Boards and Team Business Objectives
- The Program Board
- The Risk ROAM Board
- The Confidence Vote
- Full configuration of PI Planning App with customization
- Verification and QA check of the ALM sync
- Some visual customization of the app
- Set-up videoconferencing tools of customer’s choice
- Setting up users and roles
- PI Planning App Training (content created by PCI with basic and advanced content)
- PDF handouts
- Tech check for all participants before the event starts
- Coaching services with “working agreements” or “business rules” for events/tools
- For government clientele – verification/security of account access
- Tech support for the entire event troubleshooting tools, piplanning app, access
- User Feedback data captured for client retrospective on PI Planning event
Contact Us To Learn About PCI's PI Planning Services!
Stephanie McCormick started her agile career in a custom dev shop after years of struggling with waterfall projects. Since starting her agile journey, she has enthusiastically embraced roles as a product owner and scrum master and is now a SAFe Program Consultant and Certified Scrum Professional. At PCI, she is a servant leader for government clients and looks forward to a bright future of predictable, sustainable delivery of delightful products.