Clearance Required: Top Secret, SCI with Polygraph
This position functions as a hands-on wireless security engineer for a continuous monitoring program, with specific focus on Wireless Intrusion Detection Systems (WIDS). This position is responsible for the monitoring of the Enterprise WIDS, and the response to wireless intrusion/violation incidents detected by the WIDS. This position engages in hands-on operation of the various mobile/portable products in response to unauthorized wireless devices detections.
Typical activities performed by this position may include:
- Monitor and analyze WIDS data to identify wireless security violations requiring response/remediation.
- Conduct wireless incident investigations/response tasks to locate and resolve the wireless security violation.
- Coordinate/Interface with other government entities/personnel to resolve wireless incident.
- Prepare incident tickets and reports regarding the wireless security investigation/violations.
- Analyze successful and unsuccessful wireless intrusion attempts and/or compromises through review and analysis of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Conduct wireless security assessments utilizing mobile/portable wireless device detection tools.
- Maintains current working knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Must be capable of carrying a 15-pound daypack for periods of 2-8 hours over multiple days.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- 5+ years of related network or system engineering experience.
- Experience with one
or more of the following specific skills is required:
- Radio frequency (RF) technologies and protocols to include IEEE 802.11, 802.15 protocols, or cellular.
- Mobile (portable) and Enterprise-class WIDS and spectrum analysis products.
- Wireless network design.
- Wireless vulnerabilities and WLAN-specific security threats and mitigation strategies.
- TSCM tools and methodologies.
- Industry and IC policies and procedures with respect to wireless intrusion detection and secure wireless networking.
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills.
- Occasional travel may be required.
|Job Category||Cybersecurity, Systems Engineer|