Clearance Required: Top Secret, SCI Polygraph
Scope of Work:
The Utility Cloud Services office is responsible for the design, development, implementation of Utility Cloud Service offerings for the Agency Extended Enterprise. These services include on-premise Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings including the Mission Utility Cloud and MACHINESHOP, and Platform as a Service (Paas) offerings including PARTSHOP, CONTIAINERYARD and LABBENCH. Additionally Utility Cloud Services is the Agency Service provider/primary liaison to the Commercial Cloud Service (C2S), the IC-facing Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
PCI’s customer has a requirement for a System Engineer to do the following:
- Support the adoption and integration of C2S platforms and solutions.
- Development of support of budgeting, migration plans, security designs, briefs, and general C2S services/adoption questions.
- Ensuring that the operational posture is maintained for an information system migrating to the C2S platform, and working in close collaboration with the information system owners and C2S support staff.
- Serve as a key advisor on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving initiated, planned, scheduled authored training content, and support or lead the bi-weekly meeting and training for existing or prospective customers on how to properly and efficiently use C2S capabilities.
- Assist in the development of cloud computing security and risk management best practices and technical content.
Minimum Required Skills/Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 10 years System Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of System Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 14 years.
- 5 years experience with Linux and platforms
- 3 years experience leading design and implementation activities in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Experience developing software (Java, .NET, Node.js, Python, Ruby, Go, C++) scripts and automation
- Experience collaborating with the business, translating business need into technical requirements and presenting ideas in business-friendly language to management, customers and staff.
- Understanding of architecture design techniques
- Familiarity with DevOps and integrating with Gitlab, Jenkins and containers
- Experience with REST APIs to provide data to other applications looking to integrate with the PARTSHOP offerings
|Job Category||Software Developer/Engineer, Systems Engineer|