BigBear.ai is seeking a Senior Director of Cloud Engineering to provide technical leadership and oversight to deliver innovative solutions that addresses the customer’s requirements. The Solutions Architect will provide comprehensive leadership, oversight, analytical, and technical support services required to drive and deliver a broad range of innovative cloud solutions. Responsible for architecting solutions for large-scale Government customers in the context of their enterprise environment and the broader view of public or private cloud environment. This role requires architecture knowledge, sales engineering excellence, the ability to create Cloud best practice and standards, and leadership within a global distributed environment. SME for modernization and Cloud migration solutions and services including migration planning, enterprise architecture, efficiency optimization, implementation planning and staging, testing, and integration. Responsible for expanding corporate cloud infrastructure expertise to cloud orchestration and management of major data analytics, machine learning, and AI capabilities. Responsible for helping customers leverage the cloud to gain efficiencies and cost savings through automated compliance, monitoring, optimization, and governance. SME on all aspects of cloud engineering; responsible for technical thought leadership, defining technical strategy, building and maintaining relationships with key cloud partners (LSIs), all major cloud providers and critical companies within the cloud ecosystem, understanding market/customer needs, and applying subject matter expertise as the corporate lead for a specified technology area. This position will support PCI, a BigBear.ai company.
• Serves as the organization’s primary solutions architect for opportunities. Develop prototype capabilities, work with technical teams to build out cloud-specific solutions, and design/build hybrid and multi-cloud centers of excellence, develop white papers, develop responses for request for information (RFIs), and serve as the overall technical lead or writer on proposal responses, identifying and solutioning technical, functional, and security requirements.
• Work closely with Proposal Managers, Capture Managers, Project Managers and Program Managers in the design development, and implementation of the technical content defined in the Statement of Work.
• Responsible for putting together end to end solutions for pursuits, comfortable with ambiguity, brings a proven track record of successful program executions and capture efforts, and is driven to grow the business with technical excellence in all arenas.
• Evaluates new technology, providing recommendations and solutions integrating said technology in our services and capabilities.
• Review industry leading technologies and industry best practices. As an expert in cloud engineering, meets with customers to understand technical requirements, state of current environment, and mission.
• Works with operational business-area leads to define and understand business needs and to translate these needs into a system design resulting in a successful solution.
• Work in conjunction with other technical leaders work to create, maintain, and publish methodologies, approaches, and best practices in support of our key business areas.
• Collaborate with other technical teams and corporate leads for AWS and Azure in the exchange and transfer of corporate technical knowledge and in the development and evolution of architecture standards, guidelines, reference architectures, and proposed opportunity-specific Technology Roadmaps; and performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Provide counseling/coaching, oversight, and support for delivery teams and staff
• Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities providing input and guidance into the staffing process.
• Responsible for developing and leading internal training program to develop & foster technical staff.
• Balance competing priorities of developing solutions for and writing technical proposals, driving innovation through hands on work, and developing the cloud personnel necessary to support successful bids.
• Required: Active TS/SCI Full-Scope Polygraph
• Desired: detailed, highly technical, having 15+ years of current network infrastructure experience, preferably with Cloud integration from on premises networks
• Desired: AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Certified
• Desired: Experience in end-to-end DevOps SDLC (Configuration Mgmt., Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Release Engineering, Provisioning)
• Desired: Experience migrating and deploying cloud-based solutions (GCP, Azure, or AWS)
• Desired: Experience deploying cloud solutions on bare metal (e.g, VMWare)
• Desired: Experience in multi-/hybrid-cloud environments to include OpenStack, AWS, Azure, etc.
• Desired: Scripting & Automation experience (e.g., Python, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
• Desired: Containerization (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• Desired: Experience with automating management of hybrid and multi-cloud environments and enabling technologies such as orchestration (cloud specific as well as tools like Salt, Ansible, Chef, puppet, etc.), containers (Docker), and container management (Kubernetes, Rancher, etc.).
• Desired: Experience implementing data analytics (HDFS, Spark, etc.) and/or AI/ML solutions within multiple cloud environments.
• Desired: Experience architecting, implementing and supporting Network for Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and/ or Google Cloud Platform
• Desired: Experience with building, configuring and supporting network infrastructure solutions (on-premises, virtualization, Public Cloud) using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures
• Required: Technical proficiency including systems experience, strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, and issue management in a multi-platform environment
• Desired: Experience with deploying cloud-based solutions and workload migration strategy using tools
• Experience with Enterprise application and database architecture is an advantage
• Required: Demonstrated skills in communication (oral, written, presentation), analysis, problem solving and short term and long-term planning
Active TS with Poly is required. Candidates without an active clearance will not be considered. PCI is an equal opportunity employer with over 12 years supporting the customer, and partnerships with Amazon, Elastic and Microsoft Azure. We consider our employees our most valuable asset, prioritizing company culture and providing generous benefits. We were founded on the principal that uncompromising personal integrity and ethics are the primary guides in all business situations. We believe that the company’s collective character is of utmost importance, the trust of our clients is sacred, and view reliability as a requisite quality in each of our professionals. PCI is centered on ensuring three principles are ingrained in everything that we do: Performance, Commitment and Integrity.
|Job Category||Data Science, Software Developer/Engineer, Systems Engineer|