PCI is looking for a data engineer to identify and solve the data-analytics problems related to homeland security. The candidate will work with domain SMEs to help identify, clean and validate various data sets to ensure accuracy, completeness, and uniformity. The candidate will determine which data sets and variables are needed and collect large sets of structured and unstructured data from disparate sources to address the client’s mission of protecting the homeland.
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and cross domain data services
- Engineer, implement, and manage migration of data sets and applications to multi-domain Information Technology Cloud environments.
- Experience with IC/DHS development environments and/or data architectures, data sharing/streaming services interoperable with IC systems, data standards, etc.
- Work in an Agile development to meet user story and development design requirements.
- Working knowledge with Datastores
- Prepare designs, architectures, and transition plans for individual applications and data sets approved by client to migrate to Cloud services.
- Execute multiple, complex, and interrelated cloud focused projects in accordance with approved migration plans.
- ETL using NiFi
- Java and a scripting language such as Bash or Python
- Configuration Management and CI Tools – Maven, Jenkins, Ansible
- OOP experience with Python, scripting in Pig or Spark and Bash
- Hadoop technologies to include Java MapReduce and Pig and related technologies.
- Entity resolution solutions using rules-based, statistical, and/or machine learning-based approaches.
- Connecting to a variety of data stores including through REST APIs
Active TS with SCI eligibility is required. Candidates without an active clearance will not be considered.
PCI is an equal opportunity employer with over 12 years supporting the customer, and partnerships with Amazon, Elastic and Microsoft Azure. We consider our employees our most valuable asset, prioritizing company culture and providing generous benefits.
We were founded on the principal that uncompromising personal integrity and ethics are the primary guides in all business situations. We believe that the company’s collective character is of utmost importance, the trust of our clients is sacred, and view reliability as a requisite quality in each of our professionals. PCI is centered on ensuring three principles are ingrained in everything that we do: Performance, Commitment and Integrity.
|Job Category||Data Science|