PCI is seeking a Cloud Systems Administrator for our cloud infrastructure predictive analytics team. This team is tasked with developing analytics to identify areas of concern in cloud infrastructure. This is a government-led project that has moved to an open-source project..
Responsibilities include maintaining the team’s development environment, the customer’s production environment, as well as a cloud that hosts other capabilities. To be successful, the candidate should have experience with container frameworks such as Docker or Google Container Environment (GKE). Experience in managing AWS resources is a plus, as is experience with Ansible, Salt, and/or Puppet. Other technologies you’ll be exposed to include Kubernetes (K8S), Postgres, TimescaleDB, Rook, Seph, and Helm. Because this is a research project, no technology stack is out of bounds.
Why this work matters: As more processing moves to cloud architecture, there is a need to develop tools that can accurately predict issues within the infrastructure, and there is currently no framework to put these analytics in place. As an open source project, there is the potential to positively affect countless systems.
- Within the last ten (10) years, a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience managing and monitoring large Hadoop clusters (> 200 nodes); Within the last ten (10) years, a minimum of five (5) years’ experience writing software scripts using at least two (2) of the following scripting languages: Perl, Python, and/or Ruby for software automation;
- Within the last ten (10) years, a minimum of five (5) years’ experience implementing and providing technical support for multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms, to include the diagnosis and resolution of issues;
- Within the last ten (10) years, a minimum of five (5) years’ experience implementing network solutions for complex, high performance systems composed of UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms;
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience utilizing OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, Apache Accumulo, and/or Big Table;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
Active TS with Poly is required. Candidates without an active clearance will not be considered.
PCI is an equal opportunity employer with over 12 years supporting the customer, and partnerships with Amazon, Elastic and Microsoft Azure. We consider our employees our most valuable asset, prioritizing company culture and providing generous benefits.
We were founded on the principal that uncompromising personal integrity and ethics are the primary guides in all business situations. We believe that the company’s collective character is of utmost importance, the trust of our clients is sacred, and view reliability as a requisite quality in each of our professionals. PCI is centered on ensuring three principles are ingrained in everything that we do: Performance, Commitment and Integrity.
|Job Category||Systems Administration|