Location: San Antonio, TX
Clearance: TS/SCI required
Salary Range: $140,000+ (depending on individual experience, qualifications, & certifications)
Estimated Start Date: Fall 2020
PCI is actively seeking an Agile Coach & Scrum Master as a Subject Matter Expert for the DoD customer in downtown San Antonio (Texas). Our Agile Coaches will and can also act as Scrum Masters when required.
Certified SAFe® Program Consultants (SPCs) are change agents who combine their technical knowledge of SAFe with an intrinsic motivation to improve the company’s software and systems development processes. They play a critical role in successfully implementing SAFe. SPCs come from numerous internal or external roles including acting as Srum Masters for teams that do not have SAFe or Scrum experience.
Agile Coaching Responsibilities:
- Provided training and coaching in Agile Development principles and practices to development teams, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and program-level leadership.
- Provided guidance on achieving high levels of Agile maturity while complying with of the Agile Release Trains and coach to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable.
- Help teams assess the overall health of their Agile practices and culture to identify opportunities to improve.
- Coach leadership and help facilitate the creation of new Agile Teams.
- Assess and evolve launch and backlog readiness.
- Train or source training for teams and participate in initial, critical events like Program Increment (PI) Planning and Inspect and Adapt (I&A).
- Coaching ART execution – SPCs coach leaders and stakeholders to build and maintain the Vision, Roadmap, and Program Backlogs. Coach teams, Product Owners, Product Managers, Architects, and RTEs. They also participate in Scrum of Scrums and System Demo, facilitate I&A and follow-up on improvement items. Finally, they help teams establish a DevOps culture and mindset, the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, infrastructure, and associated Agile technical practices.
- Works with Product Owners, Product Managers, Release Train Engineers, and Scrum teams to facilitate Release Planning preparedness
Scrum Master Responsibilities:
- Exhibits Lean-Agile leadership
- Supports the team rules
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward team goals
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement
- Facilitates meetings
- Supports the Product Owner
- Eliminates Team impediments
- Promotes SAFe quality practices
- Builds a high-performing team
- Protects and communicates
- Coordinates with and across other teams
- Facilitates preparation and readiness for ART events
- Supports team estimating
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited university
and 10 years of relevant professional experience, or Master’s Degree from
an accredited university and 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Degrees in Computer Science or Systems Engineering preferred
- Relevant experience in systems engineering, software development and/or testing experience preferred
- SAFe Progam Consultant (SPC) certification required, with one year minimum as an SPC (SAFe 5.0 preferred); additional certification in Leading SAFe preferred
- In-depth knowledge and experience using/implementing the Scaled Agile Framework
- Experience performing the role of Scrum Master, preferably within an ART, with a high degree of comfort and skill in guiding a team through Iteration/Sprint cycles
- Experience executing Agile/Scrum programs and leading Agile Development Teams in accordance with SAFe’s principles of Scrum
- Relevant certifications desired: CST, CSM, CSPO, PMI/ACP, LKU, PSM, or PMP
- Top Secret clearance w/ SCI (TS/SCI) is required for consideration.
|Job Category||Agile Coach/Scrum Master|