(ISDEP 4CV) Cloud Security Engineer
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: Top Secret with SCI eligibility
# of vacancies: 1
PCI is seeking a Cloud Security Engineer to support our Department of Homeland Security operations located at Nebraska Avenue in Washington DC.
- Provide expert advice and consultancy to DHS clients on risk assessment, incident triage, threat modeling, and security vulnerability mitigation.
- Assess and implement information security controls and patterns that support risk assessments and the development of secure architectures.
- Work with development and engineering teams across ISDEP to prioritize security issues identified during Security Due Diligence and Application Security Reviews.
- Prepare security artifacts based on approved Authorization Boundary and architectures. This includes security categorization (FIPS-199) and gathering evidence for security control implementation for individual applications and data sets approved by client to migrate to Cloud services.
- Work with Cloud Engineers to develop and update Cloud roadmap with security requirements that map security controls to future enterprise updates.
- Lead process improvement projects by developing and implementing automation (using tools and other mechanisms) of DHS security processes with DevSecOps methodology.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, IT Security, Network Systems Technology or related field or equivalent experience plus six (6) years of relevant experience
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Strong Security control assessor (SCA) and/or ISSO experience with Cloud based (AWS preferred) systems.
- Demonstrated experience in areas such as system security, network, and/or application security experience.
- Understanding of best practices in one or more security engineering specialties: secure development, cryptography, network security, security operations, systems security, policy, and incident response.
- Experience with interpreting and implementing security compliance standards and guidance including Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) policies and procedures, NIST 800-53 security control framework.
- Obtain AWS Certification for AWS Certified Security – Specialty or AWS Certified Solutions Architect within 180 days of offer start.
- Security+ Certification
Qualifications (desired but not required):
- Expertise in current Intelligence Community (IC) or DHS Cloud environments
- Experience operating in an Agile/DevOps environment
- CISSP or CISA