(ISDEP 3RM) Lead Data Scientist
Location: Washington, DC
Clearance: Top Secret with SCI eligibility
# of vacancies: 1
PCI is seeking a Lead Data Scientist to support our Department of Homeland Security operations located at Nebraska Avenue in Washington DC.
- Lead a team of data scientists in applying emerging big data technologies to solve complex problem sets.
- Provide technical and non-technical leadership, fostering an environment of collaboration
- Interface with technical and non-technical stakeholders, managing requirements, and conveying highly complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Interface with front and back end developers throughout solution and development phases, integrating analytic solutions
- Ensure integration of security and privacy related policies in solution and development processes
- BS degree from an accredited college or university and eight (8) years related experience
- Familiar with Jira and Confluence
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, gathering requirements, analysis and integration resulting in informed deconning making, explaining highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of tools and methodologies used in handling large datasets, applying analytic processes, and implementing information sharing best practices.
- Strong project management skills leading multiple teams.
- Understand and align development efforts to IA, privacy, civil liberties/civil rights, and intelligence oversight policies.
- Excellent communicate effectively to a broad set of customers and stakeholders.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills.
- Expertise in either Agile or Rapid Application Development (RAD) methodologies.
- Experience with DevOps methodologies
- Experience working both IC elements and DHS components incorporating development within the IC ITE arena.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture such as Amazon Web Services.
- Familiarity with cloud development of solutions across a multi-fabric network
Qualifications (desired but not required):
- Expertise in Continuous Monitoring and Continuous Delivery (DevSecOps) within the Federal arena.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools (Confluence, JIRA) and GitLab code repository.
- Proficient experience with one of more of the following languages:
- Familiar with MapReduce or other big data concepts
- Understanding of the Intelligence Production Process.
- Knowledge of DHS and IC missions (Borders, Immigration, Vetting, etc.)
|Job Category||Data Science|