BigBear.ai is seeking an enthusiastic Human Resources Generalist with strong communication skills and a customer service mindset. The role supports all Human Resources functions with specific emphasis and responsibility for benefits and compliance. This is a visible and rewarding position with the opportunity to contribute to company success through providing quality service to our employee base. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Human Resources. This position supports PCI, a BigBear.ai company.
At BigBear.ai, we’re in this business together. We own it, we make it thrive, and we enjoy the challenges of our work. We know that our employees play the largest role in our continual success. That is why we foster an environment of growth and development, with an emphasis on opportunity, recognition, and work-life balance. We give the same high level of commitment to our employees that we give to our clients. If BigBear.ai sounds like the place where you want to be, we’d enjoy speaking with you.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent work experience
- SHRM-CP or PHR Certification strongly desired
- Prior experience in government contracting required
- A minimum of 5 years of HR Generalist experience
- Must have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of confidentiality issues and HIPAA compliance regulations.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of benefits administration in a comparable environment
- Prior experience with HR and Payroll software; Paycom experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically Excel and Word.
- Detail-oriented, precise, organized, disciplined, and efficient.
- Self-motivated and effective working with minimal supervision
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Timely and insightful benefits information to employees at all levels, including senior management
- Achieve a comfort level with employees, ensure the employee base is well educated and supported; ability to drive desired results
- Help ensure compliance with PCI policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage Employee Relations activities to include partnering with management to solve employee relations issues
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Serve as the back-up for conducting New Hire Orientation
- Strong use of Payroll and HRIS systems to include entering new hire data, updating employee information, managing benefit plans, running reports, etc.
- Files EEO-1 and VETs reports annually
- Impactful to the organization, heavy employee interaction
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job ID: 21-00051
BigBear.ai is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
|Job Category||Administration, Business/Support Staff|