(HIM 10559) Cyber Security Engineer II (ISSO) – Wright-Patterson AFB (OH)
Location: Dayton, OH
Clearance Required: Secret
PCI has an exciting opportunity for an Information System Security Officer (ISSO). This position provides Cybersecurity support to the Business Systems Directorate (AFLCMC/HI) at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH.
- Supporting the system/application authorization and accreditation (A&A) effort, to include assessing and guiding the quality and completeness of A&A activities, tasks and resulting artifacts mandated by governing DoD and AF policies (i.e., Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Recommending policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data
- Conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs
- Promoting awareness of security issues among management and ensuring sound security principles are reflected in organizations’ visions and goals
- Conducting systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews
- Recommending systems security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures
- Recommending and implementing programs to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to systems security policies and procedures
- Participating in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies
- Facilitating the gathering, analysis, and preservation of evidence used in the prosecution of computer crimes
- Assessing security events to determine impact and implementing corrective actions
- Ensuring the rigorous application of information security/cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all IT services.
- Perform the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) duties as outlined in DoDI 8510.01 for assigned systems/applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline and a minimum of 5 years of work experience. Experience on DoD or Air Force acquisition programs is highly desirable.
- Security+ certification required. CISSP certification desired.
- Experience in Certification and Accreditation (C&A), DIACAP and RMF processes (RMF strongly preferred), DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), Enterprise Information Technology Data Repository (EITDR), and eMASS is required.