(HIH 10077) Sr. Software Engineer (Cloud) – Randolph AFB (TX)
Location: San Antonio, TX
PCI has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer located at Randolph AFB in San Antonio, Texas. This position will be in the Air Force Human Resources Systems Division, which supports a variety of Air Force personnel web applications. The Sr. Software Engineer will provide software engineering support for the HR Systems Personnel Applications and its subsystems. This role will require oversight of technical planning, acquisition, development and sustainment of Air Force-based Oracle applications.
The successful candidate will perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of software engineering including, but not limited to the following:
- Provide software engineering support and oversight for Air Force Cloud-Based Personnel Systems
- Provide software/systems engineering, analyses, specialized technical support to technical interchange meetings, direct assistance to program managers and support the design and fielding of HR systems.
- Provide technical consultation and support in the development of web applications and programs
- Analyze network communication requirements, design specifications and technical specifications or Oracle Application solutions
- Develop and maintain system topology and architecture diagrams
- Participate in Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings and reviews to ensure Systems Integrator is adhering to program requirements and systems engineering process. Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and code comments.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures as needed.
- Evaluate, test, and approve licensed software products and recommend for purchase.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize development and service issues.
- Review and provide software engineering and technical advice/assistance on project deliverables such as:
- Software Development Plan
- Software and Interface Requirements Specification
- Software and Interface Design Description
- Database Design Description
- Software Test Plan, Test Description and Test Report
- Software Product Specifications
- Data Migration Plans/Reports (Technical Reports)
- Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Assure project quality, security, and compliance requirements are satisfied
- Conduct reviews on program portfolio to evaluate and/or recommend alternative plans, improve software engineering programs/processes, manage/sustain program technical baseline, and design/perform system level tests to assure that subsystems and system performance is achieved in accordance with approved specifications.
- MA/MS in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering discipline and 12 years of experience, 5 of which must be in the DoD; or
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering discipline and 15 years of experience, 5 of which must be in the DoD; or
- 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be in the DoD
- Technical/analytical skills in systems/software engineering (HR systems is a plus) and the knowledge needed to support the full acquisition life cycle from pre-award to post-award, development, testing and fielding.
- Experience in Air Force Program software and and systems engineering policies, procedures, and practices
- Knowledge of reporting tools that support cloud implementation
- Experience as a systems or network engineer for a large enterprise software or ERP system
- Experience managing and integrating COTs software into a DoD environment
- Experience with Windows Server environments, IIS, .NET
- MS Office Applications – MS Visio, MS Access DB, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook
- High proficiency with computers and software applications, including MS Office
- Expert attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of Cloud (AWS, Azure) infrastructure architecture, development methodologies, and service types (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS) is a plus
- ERP conversion/data migration/cloud implementation experience is a plus
- Knowledge of DevSecOps practices and implementation a plus
- Oracle and SQL RDBMS products experience a plus
- Experience collaborating with multiple technical teams across multiple organizations is a plus
- Knowledge of secure software development such as Oracle Single-Sign On (SSO) Software and /or Working Knowledge a plus
- Unix experience a plus
- Any of the following certifications is also desirable:
- AWS Cloud Solutions Architect
- Network +
- Security +
- CMMI Level 2.0 Software Process Improvement
|Job Category||Software Developer/Engineer|