(HIE 9985) Systems Engineer III – Gunter AFB (AL)
Location: Montgomery, AL
Clearance Required: Secret
PCI is actively seeking a Systems Engineer III, to support the ERP Common Services Program at Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base in Montgomery, AL.
The ERP Common Services Program is responsible for establishing, integrating, and sustaining common engineered infrastructure and services capabilities across the Air Force’s ERP applications. ERP Common Services supports the deployment of the Air Force Integrated Personnel and Pay System (AFIPPS-ACAT I), Defense Enterprise Accounting Management System (DEAMS – ACAT 1) and the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul Initiative (MROi – BCAT II).
- Provide systems and program engineering, technical support, and technical training for various program initiatives; including, but not limited to: acquisition, development, integration, sustainment, continued evolutions, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations oversight.
- Provide engineering support services and inputs to program and project risk management activities in compliance with Air Force SEAM processes
- Perform functions related to Incident Management, including:
- Leading, facilitating and coordinating problem resolutions tasks, including those with interfacing systems, security, eBS configurations, users, data or infrastructure
- Monitoring first-level incident metrics for trends
- Submitting level three requests for resolution and monitoring to closure
- Coordinating activities such as systems outages with stakeholders
- Perform Performance Management duties related to the computing infrastructure, including:
- Monitoring and reporting the health and wellness of development, test, training and production environments; including failover site and common tools and services.
- Monitoring DBA-provided performance data and initiating performance improvement actions or elevating performance problems when appropriate (preferably before they effect user experience). The goal is to ensure that performance data is transparently reported in a meaningful way.
- Operating and/or monitoring APM tools such as SolarWinds and pro-actively responding to inform users of active problems while concurrently working with service providers to resolve the issues. Elevate issue awareness to leadership as appropriate.
- MA/MS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Engineering discipline and 5 years of experience, 3 of which must be in the DoD; or BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Engineering discipline and 7 years of experience, 4 of which must be in the DoD; or 15 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be in the DoD. A CompTIA Security+ Certification is highly desired.
- Familiarity with performance management fundamentals, including the use of system performance metrics, help desk trends, and Applications Performance Monitoring (APM) tools such as SolarWinds is highly desirable
- Familiarity with incident management, troubleshooting and staff work necessary to take resolution to completion (i.e. identifying potential solutions, coordinating recommendations, pursuing authorization to implement, coordinating with stakeholders, and tracking closures) – highly desirable
- Level 2/3 operations HelpDesk/ITIL 4 experience with DoD emphasis – desired
- CompTIA Security+ Certification – desired
- DevSecOps experience
- Knowledge and experience with Agile Development Methodologies (Certified SCRUM Master or Agile Certified Practitioner certification highly desirable)
- Experience developing, deploying and/or maintaining operational cloud environments (Oracle, AWS, Azure) with an emphasis on federal or DoD systems (GovCloud, Cloud1)
- Familiarity with operating and maintaining an Oracle Enterprise Business Suite (EBS) – based Enterprise Resourcing Planning (ERP) tool
- Familiarity with Release Management
- Knowledge of processes and tools to check and promote code in DISA-hosted environments
- Must have an active Secret Security clearance
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|