Location: Montgomery, AL
PCI is seeking a Software Architect to support the Deliberate and Crisis Action Planning and Execution Segments (DCAPES) PMO in AFLCMC/HIB at Gunter AFB in Montgomery, AL.
- The ideal candidate will create and maintain an IT roadmap for updating the software from its current state.
- This activity will need to address scenarios where both sustainment of current technology and introduction of new commercial products.
- Develop a forecast or schedule for expected/unexpected IT upgrade releases.
- Develop a strategy to refactor DCAPES to comply with Modular Open Systems Architecture (MOSA).
- Ensure that delivered software meets all requirements of quality, security, and extensibility.
- Demonstrate the ability to verify that DCAPES software is compliant with the JC2 Reference Architecture.
Degree (MA/MS) in Computer Science, Information Technology or other
Engineering Discipline and 5 years of experience, 3 of which must be in
the DoD, or
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering Discipline and 8 years of experience, 5 of which must be in the DoD, or,
- 12 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
- Possess experience and software development and coding in various languages (C#, .NET, Java etc.).
- An understanding of Agile development is a plus.
- Highly proficient with computers and software applications to include Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), expert attention-to-detail & highly organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Hold an active Secret clearance
|Job Category||Software Developer/Engineer|