(HIQ 9071) Systems Engineer II – Wright-Patterson AFB (OH)
Location: Dayton, OH
Clearance Required: Secret
Anticipated Start Date: Immediate
PCI is actively seeking a Systems Engineer to provide support to the Business Enterprise Services Directorate under the EPASS HI Contract Located at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
The individual shall be able to:
- Conduct reviews on program portfolio to evaluate and/or recommend alternative plans, improve systems engineering programs/processes, manage/sustain program technical baseline, and design/perform system level tests to assure that subsystems and system performance is achieved in accordance with approved specifications
- Perform program reviews to evaluate alternative proposed plans, systems engineering programs, design and test results to assure that subsystem and system performance is achieved in accordance with program specifications
- Prepare technical documents which define, specify, and recommend system/subsystem characteristics. Prepares management reports and conducts technical presentations for planning, implementation and corrective action using application of engineering economy principles
- Perform validation of systems, including development of criteria and procedures. Analyze and/or evaluate results of major engineering systems
- Provide system/program engineering, technical support and technical training to support programs/ initiatives, including but not limited to: acquisition, development, integration, sustainment, continued evolution, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations oversight.
- Provide engineering support services and inputs to program and project risk management activities in compliance with AF SEAM processes
- Provide technical input for the transition plans to migrate legacy logistics applications and legacy environments to integrate with transformative capabilities. This will include legacy system mapping within the current business process, as well as, the future state business process model to include functional capabilities and interface migration needs.
- Provide technical input for the transformation of Product Data with emphasis on Bills of Materials, Technical Data Packages, Engineering Drawings (legacy 2D and CAD), Technical Orders, Part Items, and Request for Engineering Assistance, into AF-PLM processes and data model.
- Identify AF-PLM data requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling.
- Support development of AF-PLM process models with a focus on downstream data usage.
- Support development of DoDAF compliant architecture products in support of program compliance.
- Support validation efforts by working with the logistics community to identify issues.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering Discipline and 10 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD, or,
- Highly proficient with computers and software applications to include Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), expert attention-to-detail & highly organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
Program Specific Skill Set:
The Air Force Product Lifecycle Management (AF-PLM) Program at Wright-Patterson AFB in Ohio requires an AF Logistics expert to provide functional support. The successful candidate shall have a background in an Air Force program office working as an Equipment Specialist with an understanding of the IT systems an Equipment Specialist uses to include:
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management and Lifecycle Logistics is desirable.
- Experience as an Air Force Equipment Specialist with user familiarity of the IT systems shown above.
- Experience / familiarity with AFLCMC and AFSC.
- Experience with presenting technical information and strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience developing Microsoft Office products for staffing and briefing senior Air Force leaders.
- Must possess strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Experience with acquiring or sustaining Product Data with emphasis on Bills of Materials, Technical Data Packages, Engineering Drawings (legacy 2D and CAD), Technical Orders, and Part Items.
Experience with or knowledge of the following is also highly desirable:
- D200A Secondary Items Requirements System
- D200F Applications, Programs and Indentures
- D200N Central Secondary Item Stratification
- D043 Master Item Identification Control System
- G005M Depot Maintenance Material Support System
- G337 Inventory Tracking System
- Enhanced Technical Information Management System (ETIMS)
- Joint Engineering Data Management Information Control System (JEDMICS)
- Federal Logistics Database
- Federal Logistics Information Service
- Reliability and Maintainability Information System (REMIS)
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|