(HIA 8985) Systems Engineer III – Wright-Patterson AFB (OH)
Location: Dayton, OH
Clearance Required: Secret
Anticipated Start Date: Immediate
PCI is actively seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to support the EPASS HI contract Located at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
- Conduct reviews on program portfolio to evaluate and/or recommend alternative plans, improve systems engineering programs/processes, manage/sustain program technical baseline, and design/perform system level tests to assure that subsystems and system performance is achieved in accordance with approved specifications
- Perform program reviews to evaluate alternative proposed plans, systems engineering programs, design and test results to assure that subsystem and system performance is achieved in accordance with program specifications
- Prepare technical documents which define, specify, and recommend system/subsystem characteristics. Prepares management reports and conducts technical presentations for planning, implementation and corrective action using application of engineering economy principles
- Perform validation of systems, including development of criteria and procedures. Analyze and/or evaluate results of major engineering systems
- Provide system/program engineering, technical support and technical training to support programs/ initiatives, including but not limited to: acquisition, development, integration, sustainment, continued evolution, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations oversight.
- Provide engineering support services and inputs to program and project risk management activities in compliance with AF SEAM processes
- Generate and submit multiple DISA Technical Request Forms for the SCS PMO.
- Support the IT audit cycle being conducted on the SCS Program Management Office (PMO) by an Independent Public Auditor (IPA), in support of SAF/AFFSO. Multiple Provided by Client (PBC) requested information and documentation have been provided to the IPA. Notices of Findings and Recommendations (NFR) are being worked.
- Support the SCS Continuity of Operations (COOP) mid-tier environment move from St. Louis, MO, to San Antonio, TX.
- Generate, support and track multiple Technical Change Requests in support of the SCS Mid-tier and Mainframe Production environments.
- Generate Acceptance and Exit Criteria for SCS Technical Upgrades.
- Generate, staff and track SCS Data Center Obligation Requests (DCOR) and expenditures to SAF.
- Support activities related to Life Cycle Sustainment Plans (LCSP), Logistics Health Assessment (LHA), Management Internal Control Toolset (MICT), Section 508 Compliance, Systems Engineering Assessment Model (SEAM), Data Management, Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and Cloud Migration.
- Advanced Degree (MA/MS) in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering Discipline and 12 years of experience, 5 of which must be in the DoD, or; BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other Engineering Discipline and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD, or; 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
- Detailed understanding and experience with DoD Acquisition Policy (DoDI 5000.75)
- Detailed understanding of Air Force IT Policies
- Experience with Supply Chain and/or Equipment Management Systems
- Experience developing and staffing Information Support Plans (ISP)
- Familiarity with DoDI 5000.75 for Business Enterprise Systems – Highly Desirable
- Certified SCRUM Master – Highly Desirable
- Working knowledge of the Agile Development Methodology – Highly Desirable
- Highly proficient with computers and software applications to include Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), expert attention-to-detail & highly organized
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management and Lifecycle Logistics is desirable.
- Experience as an Air Force Equipment Specialist with user familiarity of the IT systems shown above.
- Experience / familiarity with AFLCMC and AFSC.
- Experience with presenting technical information and strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience developing Microsoft Office products for staffing and briefing senior Air Force leaders.
- Experience with acquiring or sustaining Product Data with emphasis on Bills of Materials, Technical Data Packages, Engineering Drawings (legacy 2D and CAD), Technical Orders, and Part Items.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Active Secret clearance required
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|