Location: Bedford, MA
PCI has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer to provide engineering support to the Airborne Warning and Control Systems (AWACS) program office at Hanscom AFB, MA. The Engineer will work independently and with the Project Engineering Team to identify, develop, and utilize proper acquisition test and test evaluation techniques, approaches, processes and procedures.
- Support a wide range of engineering and engineering support activities including but not limited to: systems engineering, risk management and integration processes that address lifecycle requirements of each product area.
- Develop analyses and review and evaluate AWACS system and component technical specifications, designs, analyses, quality assurance, manufacturing, models, simulations, test plans/procedures/results, and technical data packages for the determination of both interim and final compliance with design, test requirements, qualification requirements, safety criteria, and flight requirements.
- System engineering that includes advice and recommendations regarding requirements, interpretations, alternative courses of action, requirements impacts on program schedule and budget; and review, evaluate, and comment on Request for Proposals (RFPs), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Fast Track Change Notices, support Program Management Requests (PMRs), Technical Interchange Meetings, Test Meetings, etc.
- Perform drawing reviews that ensure the incorporation of complete, current, and accurate Government drafting specifications and regulations in contractor drawings and conformance to requirements, specifications, regulations and quality control.
- Provide system engineering solutions that are based on systems analyses, advanced technology processing techniques, engineering research and evaluation of all aspects system engineering, including critical software/hardware interfaces issues, reliability and availability of systems, systems engineering methodologies, performance evaluation and optimization of design criteria requirements, and test requirements identification.
- Support technical teams in solving a variety of client problems related to systems engineering and program management for a specific Saudi AWACS Project/Program Systems.
- Develop technical reports, make recommendations to Project/Program leadership and work with government and corporate stakeholders to implement recommended solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience with system design, integration and testing.
- Experience in DOD System Engineering policies and Procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project.
- Experience with Air Battle Management Systems .
- Ability to interface with internal and external clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate must have an active US security clearance
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|