(HBS 10694) Systems Engineer III – Hanscom AFB (MA)
Location: Bedford, MA
BigBear.ai is seeking a Systems Engineer who will be supporting PCI, a BigBear.ai company, and will be providing engineering support to the Airborne Warning and Control Systems (AWACS) program office at Hanscom AFB. The Engineer will work both independently and with the Project Engineering Team to identify, develop, and utilize proper acquisition tests and evaluation techniques, approaches, processes and procedures.
- Support a wide range of engineering and engineering support activities including but not limited to: systems engineering, risk management, and integration processes that address lifecycle requirements of each product area.
- Develop, analysis, review, and evaluation of the AWACS system and component technical specifications, designs, analyses, quality assurance, manufacturing, models, simulations, test plans/procedures/results, and technical data packages for the determination of both interim and final compliance with design, test requirements, qualification requirements, safety criteria, and flight requirements.
- System engineering that includes advice and recommendations regarding requirements, interpretations, alternative courses of action, requirements impact on program schedule and budget
- Review, evaluate, and comment on Request for Proposals (RFPs), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Fast Track Change Notices
- Support Program Management Reviews (PMRs), Technical Interchange Meetings, Test Meetings, etc.
- Perform drawing reviews that ensure the incorporation of complete, current, and accurate Government drafting specifications and regulations in contractor drawings and conformance to requirements, specifications, regulations and quality control.
- Provide system engineering solutions that are based on systems analyses, advanced technology processing techniques, engineering research and evaluation of all aspects system engineering, including critical software/hardware interfaces issues, reliability and availability of systems, systems engineering methodologies, performance evaluation and optimization of design criteria requirements, and test requirements identification.
- Develop technical reports, make recommendations to Project/Program leadership and work with government and corporate stakeholders to implement recommended solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- 10+ years of experience with system design, integration and testing.
- Experience in DOD System Engineering policies and Procedures.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Project.
- Experience with Air Battle Management Systems.
- Ability to interface with internal and external clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate must have an active US security clearance.
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|