(HBN 9914) General-Interdisciplinary Engineer – Hanscom AFB (MA)
Location: Bedford, MA
Travel: CONUS/OCONUS travel will be required (approximately 25%)
PCI has an exciting opportunity for a General Interdisciplinary Engineer to provide analysis and acquisition documentation in support of system procurement, fielding and program execution. This position is part of the Logistics and Sustainment Branch in HBN, focused primarily on the Taiwan Defensive Radar Program, which is within the Digital Directorate (formally known as the Battle Management Directorate), located at Hanscom AFB, MA.
- Provide expert advice to professional colleagues and/or agency officials responsible for broad program operations; provide significant and innovative recommendations for advancing programs and/or methods; and execute significant projects representing an important segment of the agency’s operating programs.
- Perform systems engineering technical planning activities to ensure systems engineering processes are applied properly throughout the system’s life cycle. Validates compliance with established processes.
- Develop/review technical guidance, technical artifacts, and recommendations for legacy engineering and integration processes; analyzing/assessing dependencies, and compliance with standards for engineering, system interfaces, test, and technology insertion.
- Provide support for and participate in (a) studies and analyses, (b) review and evaluation of technical specifications/documentation, designs, analyses, and test processes/plans/procedures/results, and (c) development and review of Statements of Work and subsequent contractor proposals.
- Provide technical expertise to counsel the Program Office on hardware/software development performance, metrics of progress and performance, compliance, verification of processes and configuration management.
- Supports Government efforts to ensure delivered capabilities are integrated in a manner which support operational and technical requirements and scheduled deliveries.
- Attend requirements, design reviews, and technical interchange meetings with prime contractors providing technical evaluations of analyses and tradeoff activities, assessments of contractor technical efforts, and recommendations to the Program Office.
- 10 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 3 of which must be in the DoD
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience on DoD or Air Force acquisition programs is desirable.
- Candidate must have an active US Secret security clearance
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|