Location: Shiloh Valley Township, IL
Travel: CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required
PCI has an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager to provide program management support to the Mission Planning office at the Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, IL. This position provides analytic and acquisition support to AMC/A8/A5 for the procurement of mission planning hardware, software and services. Services, except temporary duty assignments, will be performed at Scott AFB unless otherwise specified by contract.
- Develops/reviews acquisition documentation, conducts market research, oversees HW/SW evaluations, reviews bid proposals, and coordinates hardware procurements.
- Support development/review of Requests for Information (RFIs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) and other procurement related documents utilized during the acquisition of Mission Planning Systems hardware, software services and support for AMC HQ.
- Support market research to stay abreast of the latest commercial technology for solutions to meet user requirements.
- Support review of bid proposals and make recommendations as appropriate to the government for contract award.
- Support initial testing of submissions to Hill AFB or Scott AFB for evaluation.
- Ensures items are delivered in accordance with awarded delivery order, ensures continued viability of procured hardware, tracks receipt of hardware items, and ensures technical orders are produced and delivered with all systems.
- Assess items delivered in accordance with awarded delivery order are consistent to contract specifications and support first-article and pre-shipment inspections to verify compliance.
- Review all technical order documentation produced to ensure it’s complete and delivered with each fielded system.
- Prepare position papers and briefings on request.
- Provide analysis and metrics data on hardware/software trends to support acquisition reporting for Air Staff and MAJCOM Planning Programming, Budgeting, and Execution activities.
- Provide analysis and metrics data on hardware trends to support acquisition reporting for Air Staff and MAJCOM Planning Programming, Budgeting, and Execution activities.
- Support program management reviews, senior level meeting/reviews and IMP/IMS reviews.
- The candidate will be able to support and develop various briefings/schedules of program status and acquisition tasks to senior management.
- Master’s degree and 12 years of experience (5 DoD), or Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of directly related experience (5 DoD), or 20 years of directly related experience.
- Individual must have knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques for gathering, analyzing, and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of mission planning software acquisition programs.
- Familiarity with AMC platform operations to include AMC Airlift (C-5), Tanker (KC-46, KC-135, KC-10), and Air Drop (C-17, C-130) platforms and the MPS-based Mobility Air Forces Automated Flight Planning Service (MAFPS) System. In addition, specialized missions associated with the HH-60 and HC/MC-130 platforms.
- Possess knowledge of support activities that assist the program manager in assessing what programs are within schedule and cost baselines, be able to recommend viable solutions to problems and the pursuit of alternative courses of action.
- Individual must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing, providing quality acquisition and program documentation (briefings, documents, plans, etc.).
- Individual shall be able to plan, research, analyze and assess system acquisition in terms of development, production and deployment of weapons systems and associated equipment; formulate plans and recommend effective strategies in meeting cost, schedule and performance objectives.
|Job Category||DoD Acquisition, Program Manager|