Location: Bedford, MA
Clearance: Secret (minimum) / Top Secret (preferred)
Travel: Occasional CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required (<10%)
PCI is seeking an experienced Aeronautical Integration Engineer to join the Survivable Airborne Operations Center (SAOC) Team at Hanscom AFB. AFLMC/HBJ is the government program office leading the SAOC effort, which is tasked with leading the development and delivery of the replacement fleet for the E-4B National Airborne Operations Center (NAOC). The assigned Engineer will work in direct support of government engineers and program managers through the acquisition cycle of the program.
- Provide an in-depth understanding of aircraft structures, flight control surfaces/systems, mechanical and avionics subsystems to evaluate an aircraft integration approach for SAOC E-4B replacement and ensure the viability of the weapon system design and ability to meet airworthiness and performance requirements.
- Provide in-depth expertise to the SAOC program office in aircraft structures, subsystems, and mechanical systems to ensure the viability of the weapon system design and aircraft’s ability to meet performance requirements. This includes aircraft environmental control systems, aircraft auxiliary/emergency power systems, aerial refueling system, aircraft hydraulic-pneumatic systems, aircraft electrical systems, aircraft subsystems analysis capability, mechanical equipment and subsystem integrity program (MECSIP) and the aircraft structural integrity program (ASIP)
- Provide technical input on aircraft aerodynamic design and performance as a result of required modifications and integration of SAOC mission equipment.
- Support required processes to acquire and sustain a commercial derivative aircraft, including the Operational Safety, Suitability and Effectiveness program, Mechanical Equipment and Subsystem Integrity Program (MECSIP), Avionics Integrity Program (AVIP), the Aircraft Structural Integrity Program (ASIP) and the Corrosion Prevention and Control Program.
- Evaluate the EMD contractor’s aircraft system and subsystem design and assess whether that proposed missionized aircraft will meet aircraft-related SRD requirements
- Evaluate and assess the EMD contractor’s design and deliverables meet aircraft-related Statement Of Work (SOW) requirements
- Develop and implement an Aircraft Integrity program and a Corrosion Prevention and Control program for the SAOC E-4B replacement fleet
- Manage implementation and completion of Aerial Refueling Certification and clearance processes for the SAOC E-4B replacement fleet
- Analyze and manage Size, Power, Cooling, and Weight and Balance designs for the SAOC E-4B replacement fleet
- Support SAOC E-4B replacement fleet test planning and execution and review of associated documents
- Prepare technical documents which define, specify, and recommend system/subsystem characteristics of the SAOC aircraft and mission systems and subsystems. Prepare management reports and conducts technical presentations for planning, implementation and corrective action using application of engineering economy principles
- Provide engineering support to conduct formal trade studies based on engineering performance, effectiveness, cost effectiveness, cost performance, life cycle cost, producibility, reliability, maintainability, risk, and schedule.
- Provide proposal analysis support services that compare and quantify proposed systems, components, approaches for technical feasibility, compatibility, and cost effectiveness
concepts and requirements analyses support services including, but not limited
to, reviewing and analyzing:
- Initial Capabilities Documents (ICDs),
- Capability Development Documents (CDDs),
- Capability Production Documents (CPDs),
- Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs),
- Military Utility Assessments (MUAs),
- Concepts of Operation (CONOPs),
- Technology Development Strategies
- Review and analyze system concepts and user requirements that have been approved and entered into a system requirements baseline (functional, allocated, and product)
- Minimum: Engineering degree, and 15 years of experience in aeronautical engineering and/or weapon systems development and integration, 8 of which must be in support of DoD acquisition contracts
- Progressive experience in engineering development projects, to include engineering documentation, design drawings, engineering changes and notices, and planning/conducting design audits to enable government ownership of the program technical baseline
- experience with major aircraft development/integration programs highly desired
- Must have an active US Security clearance: Secret (minimum); Top Secret (preferred)
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|