Location: Bedford, MA
PCI is actively seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join the Survivable Airborne Operations Center (SAOC) Team at Hanscom AFB. AFLMC/HBJ is the government program office leading the SAOC effort, which is tasked with leading the development and delivery of the replacement fleet for the E-4B National Airborne Operations Center (NAOC). In this role, the Software Engineer will will assist the HBJ government program office team, working in conjunction with government engineers and program managers, as well as other support contractor engineers and program managers
- Utilize software expertise to build and refine program technical requirements related to software components of the SAOC aircraft and mission systems and subsystems.
- Document and demonstrate proposed software solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Draft and revise software related contract CDRLs, and review/critique vendor deliverables relevant to software components of the SAOC weapon system
- Obtaining and licensing software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products
- Performing Software Quality Assurance (SQA) on prime contractor delivered software to ensure that developed software meets and complies with defined or standardized quality specifications.
- Working as a member of an agile software development team, as necessary.
- Elaborate high level feature/function descriptions into detailed software designs and tasks, in collaboration with users (from Lead Command or operating units) and government lead engineers
- Perform coding tasks for features/functions of the proposed software solutions for the SAOC system
- Perform coding tasks for functional and performance tests for features/functions
- Perform peer design and code reviews with other team members
- Perform coding/scripting tasks for software build, packaging and deployment
- Perform other software engineering and documentation tasks as assigned, in support of SAOC program
- Must have progressive experience in managing configuration of software, engineering documents, design drawings, engineering changes and notices, and planning/conducting design audits to enable government ownership of the program technical baseline
- BA/BS degree, and 15 years of experience in configuration management of technology development, 5 of which must be in the DoD; or 20 years of experience in a technical configuration management discipline, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
|Job Category||Software Developer/Engineer|