Location: Bedford, MA
PCI is actively seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join the Survivable Airborne Operations Center (SAOC) Team at Hanscom AFB. AFLMC/HBJ is the government program office leading the SAOC effort, which is tasked with leading the development and delivery of the replacement fleet for the E-4B National Airborne Operations Center (NAOC). In this role, the engineer will assist the HBJ government program office team, working in conjunction with government engineers and program managers, as well as other support contractor engineers and program managers.
- Assist in the conduct of reviews on the SAOC program to evaluate and/or recommend alternative plans, improve systems engineering programs/processes, manage/sustain program technical baseline, and design/perform system level tests to assure that subsystems and system performance is achieved in accordance with approved specifications
- Prepare technical documents which define, specify, and recommend system/subsystem characteristics of the SAOC aircraft and mission systems and subsystems. Prepare management reports and conducts technical presentations for planning, implementation and corrective action using application of engineering economy principles
- Perform validation of SAOC mission systems, including development of criteria and procedures. Analyze and/or evaluate results of major engineering systems
- Provide system/program engineering, technical support and technical training to support programs/initiatives, including but not limited to: acquisition, development, integration, sustainment, continued evolution, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations oversight.
- Provide engineering support to conduct formal trade studies based on engineering performance, effectiveness, cost effectiveness, cost performance, life cycle cost, producibility, reliability, maintainability, risk, and schedule.
- Provide proposal analysis support services that compare and quantify proposed systems, components, approaches for technical feasibility, compatibility, and cost effectiveness
concepts and requirements analyses support services including, but not
limited to, reviewing and analyzing:
- Initial Capabilities Documents (ICDs),
- Capability Development Documents (CDDs),
- Capability Production Documents (CPDs),
- Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs),
- Military Utility Assessments (MUAs),
- Concepts of Operation (CONOPs),
- Technology Development Strategies
- FCAs/PCAs, and
- Review and analyze system concepts and user requirements that have been approved and entered into a system requirements baseline (functional, allocated, and product)
- Progressive experience in engineering development projects, to include engineering documentation, design drawings, engineering changes and notices, and planning/conducting design audits to enable government ownership of the program technical baseline
- Engineering degree, and 15 years of experience in systems engineering and/or weapon systems development, 8 of which must be in support of DoD acquisition contracts; or 20 years of experience in a engineering discipline, 10 of which must be in support of the DoD.
- Experience with major aircraft development programs is desired
- Candidate must have an active Secret (minimum) clearance; Top Secret is preferred
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|