Location: Bedford, MA
Clearance: Secret (minimum) / Top Secret (preferred)
Travel: Occasional CONUS/OCONUS travel could be required (up to 25%)
Anticipated start: Immediate
PCI is looking for an experienced Communications Engineer to join the Survivable Air Operations Center (SAOC) Team at Hanscom AFB. AFLCMC/HBJ is the government program office leading the SAOC effort, which is projected to be tasked with leading the development and delivery of the replacement fleet for the E-4B National Air Operations Center (NAOC) fleet.
The assigned Communications Engineer will work in direct support of government engineers and program managers through the acquisition cycle of the program. The anticipated availability date for this opening is: late-March/April 2020.
- Assist in the development of SAOC communications technical requirements and their compliance to development, test, sustainment and operations for voice, line-of-sight (LOS), and beyond-line-of-sight (BLOS) datalink communication systems for the SAOC fleet
- Analyze communication terminals, satellite relays, internet and broadband technologies and wireless telephone services and oversee development, integration and fielding of communications equipment for the SAOC fleet
- In support of government engineers/program managers, develop and implement plans and procedures to effectively manage the aircraft communications network in accordance with established DoD Acquisition processes
- Manage the communication systems interfaces to facilitate their integration with the weapon systems
- Assist the government program office in managing the activities of the communications system design and builds throughout the lifecycle phases.
- Analyze and recommend communications network and spectrum requirements
- Recommend and maintain SAOC network architecture and infrastructure
- Participating in Program Office Working groups and other meetings to provide input to aircraft communications needs for the program
- Preferred: Master’s degree in an engineering
discipline and 12 years of experience in aircraft and/or tactical
communications, 5 years of which must be in the DoD, or;
- BA/BS degree, and 15 years of experience in aircraft and/or tactical communications, 5 of which must be in the DoD; or 20 years of experience in aircraft and/or tactical communications, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
- Security Clearance: Secret (minimum); Top Secret (preferred)
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|