(HBJ 10130) Communications Engineer – Hanscom AFB (MA)
Location: Bedford, MA
Clearance: Top Secret
Travel: Occasional CONUS/OCONUS travel could be required (up to 25%)
PCI has an exciting opportunity for a Communications Engineer to join the Survivable Air Operations Center (SAOC) Team at Hanscom AFB., MA. AFLCMC/HBJ is the government program office leading the SAOC effort, which is projected to be tasked with leading the development and delivery of the replacement fleet for the E-4B National Air Operations Center (NAOC) fleet.
The assigned Communications Engineer will work in direct support of government engineers and program managers through the acquisition cycle of the program.
- Assist in the development of SAOC communications technical requirements and their compliance to development, test, sustainment and operations for voice, line-of-sight (LOS), and beyond-line-of-sight (BLOS) datalink communication systems for the SAOC fleet
- Analyze communication terminals, satellite relays, internet and broadband technologies and wireless telephone services and oversee development, integration and fielding of communications equipment for the SAOC fleet
- In support of government engineers/program managers, develop and implement plans and procedures to effectively manage the aircraft communications network in accordance with established DoD Acquisition processes
- Manage the communication systems interfaces to facilitate their integration with the weapon systems
- Assist the government program office in managing the activities of the communications system design and builds throughout the lifecycle phases.
- Analyze and recommend communications network and spectrum requirements
- Recommend and maintain SAOC network architecture and infrastructure
- Participating in Program Office Working groups and other meetings to provide input to aircraft communications needs for the program
- Preferred: Masters Degree in an engineering discipline and 12 years of experience in aircraft and/or tactical communications, 5 years of which must be in the DoD
- Minimum: BA/BS degree, and 15 years of experience in aircraft and/or tactical communications, 5 of which must be in the DoD; or 20 years of experience in aircraft and/or tactical communications, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
- Must have an active Security Clearance: Top Secret
|Job Category||Radar Engineer, Systems Engineer|