(HBG 9990) Sr. Systems Engineer (GCCS)- Hanscom AFB (MA)
Location: Bedford, MA
Clearance: Secret (minimum)
Travel: CONUS/OCONUS travel required – up to 25%
PCI is actively seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support the GCCS Team at Hanscom AFB.
The Global Command and Control System (GCCS) is the United States’ armed forces DoD Joint Command and Control (C2) system used to provide accurate, complete, and timely information for the operational chain of command for U.S. armed forces. GCCS is most often used to refer to the computer system, but actually consists of hardware, software, common procedures,
standards, and numerous applications and interfaces that make up an operational architecture that provides worldwide connectivity with all levels of command.
GCCS incorporates systems that provide situational awareness, support for intelligence, force planning, readiness assessment, and deployment applications that battlefield commanders require to effectively plan and execute joint military operations. GCCS Air Force Global Release (GCCS-AF GR) is the infrastructure and user interface required to use GCCS in Air Force commands around the world.
- Responsible for developing the future Windows architecture for GCCS-AF GR and integrating with the AF Standard AFNET Windows implementation (AF Standard Desktop Configuration) in the DoD Classified environment.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating all activities for GCCS-AF GR Windows program.
- Responsible for developing software and hardware test plans for GCCS-AF GR.
- Develop technical strategy to integrate and leverage existing and emerging AF Standard windows client and server solutions.
- Plan and manage installations/upgrades, and post-install testing of GCCS-AF GR including local test and production systems. Monitor system testing after installation and interface with site administrators to resolve system hardware and software issues.
- Conduct site survey and requirement analysis for development of GCCS-AF GR technical solutions and provide support as required.
- Write installation procedures for installations, upgrades, and configuration of existing systems.
- Direct core systems hardware upgrades to include testing and evaluation of new equipment.
- Install and patch Windows Server and Windows 10 operating systems.
- Perform security hardening derived from the GCCS-Joint, Cybercommand, and GCCS-AF Security Policies.
- Ensure Implementation of Information Assurance Vulnerability Management through testing and installing IA Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs), IA Vulnerability Bulletins (IAVBs) and IA Vulnerability Technical Advisories (IAVTAs).
- Install and support GCCS-Global Release hardware/software and configure Active Directory for identification and authentication within the virtual environment.
- Closely coordinate with the other GCCS-AF teams to provide comprehensive and cohesive GCCS-Af infrastructure solution to the warfighter.
- BA/BS degree, and 15 years of experience in DoD Systems Engineering
- Must have an active Secret clearance
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|