Location: Hampton, VA
Clearance: Top Secret
Travel: CONUS/OCONUS travel will be required (25%)
PCI is actively seeking a highly experienced Systems Engineer to support the Air Operation Center (AOC) program office, located at Langley AFB, VA.
- As a Systems, Solutions, and Requirements Engineer, perform holistic management of engineering system’s needs, solutions, requirements, and associated change requests
- Identify, manage, and monitor systems that have an urgent need, such as systems that:
- Require a software and/or hardware solution to meet a needed timeframe (e.g. End of Life (EoL), interoperability, etc.)
- Require an Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) to determine that a system or architecture, etc. should be chosen
- Require a defined Capabilities Assessment (CA) to ensure Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) are ready for integration in a timely manner
- Regularly quality control CAs and AoAs and work with the Assigned Engineer in SPO Engineering and the CTO office for needed changes, fixes, and updates
- Coordinate with the Production Center (PC) team on CAs before ECRs enter the PC backlog
- Regularly scrub the current backlog of work to identify items that are no longer necessary or relevant, need to be withdrawn, require action, or need to be deferred to the modernization backlog, etc.
- Collect and manage systems and system upgrades that are “low hanging fruit” (i.e. low priority but also low effort to complete) from within the current backlog
- Coordinate with SPO Engineering, the CTO office to identify and collect candidate systems and issues that require more immediate attention and identify associated solutions
- Coordinate with the ECR Prioritization Manager to ensure systems issues are captured in the backlog prioritization
- Coordinate with the Risk Manager to ensure systems issues are captured in the Risk, Issue and Opportunity (RIO) management registry where applicable
- Coordinate with SPO Logistics to gather their EoL data and analyze EoL notices to identify and manage systems requiring updates
- Coordinate with ACC/A5 to periodically scrub the current backlog and identify requirements that are no longer relevant and withdraw associated work in the backlog
- Present results and status to leadership and working groups
- Advanced Degree (MA/MS) and 12 years of
experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed,
5 years of which must be in the DoD
- OR, BA/BS degree, and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD
- OR, 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications as described in the Functionally Aligned Job Descriptions, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
- Candidate must have experience managing the status and issues of many IT systems and systems upgrades simultaneously
- Candidate must be detail oriented and possess the ability to work in a multi-disciplined environment with an adaptive personality.
- Candidate should have excellent communication skills – both oral and written – and possess analytical skills to identify and fault isolate problems/issues, accurately assess relevance of information, generate, and evaluate alternatives, and provide solution recommendations
- Candidate should have excellent organization skills to accurately and comprehensively document and maintain relevant data
- Candidate must have an IT engineering background
- Candidate must have an active US security clearance
- Familiarity with the AOC weapon system and/or its components a plus
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|