Location: Bedford, MA
PCI has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Cyber Security Engineer located at the Hanscom AFB in Bedford, MA. Supporting the Air Operation Center (AOC) 10.1 baseline.
- Comply with Risk Management Framework (RMF), DoD, DoDI 8510.01, AFI 17-101, AF Manual 17-1301 and other Cyber Security guidance and directives as applicable.
- Provide onsite technical assists in support of Host Base Security System (HBSS) also known as McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) and Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) also known as Tenable Nessus.
- Tasking includes but is not limited to troubleshooting, metrics collection, maintenance support, and the timely entry of communication and tasking into the ticket management tool (i.e. Remedy).
- Interact with the AOC WS system administrators who oversee ACAS-related systems and functions.
- Assist AOC WS sites with troubleshoot ACAS and HBSS issues, and test integration with other AOC WS servers.
- Troubleshoot issues and work with engineers/vendors to resolve issues with security configurations
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to build effective relationships
- Be able to work collaboratively within all levels of the organization, to include colleagues, users, contractor and vendors
- Be able to function efficiently and effectively in a high pressure environment with changing priorities
- Must have a current Security + certification. CISSP certification is desirable.
- Candidate should understand the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
- Experience with configuring, deploying, and maintaining HBSS and ACAS Servers within DoD environment.
- Experience with configuring, deploying, and maintaining Windows Clients, Servers, AD, Exchange, Database, Redhat Linux, and VMWare ESXi Servers.
- Experience with multiple network security zones, subnetting, and VLANs
- Solid understanding of current technology trends, security best practices, and cyber security threats
- Must possess the ability to work in a multi-disciplined environment with an adaptive personality.
- Strong attention to detail coupled with excellent organization and follow up skills
- Candidate should have excellent communication skills – both oral and written – and possess analytical skills to identify and fault isolate problems/issues, accurately assess relevance of information, generate and evaluate alternatives, and provide solution recommendations
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn about a variety of security concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud-based architecture is required.
- Desired OS Certification: Windows or Linux Variant, VMWare, MS SQL, Active Directory, HBSS, ACAS, SPLUNK, Server+, or similar.
- Candidate must have an active US security clearance.