Location: Hampton, VA
Clearance: Secret (required)
Travel: CONUS/OCONUS travel is required (approximately 25%)
Anticipated start: Immediate
PCI has an exciting opportunity for an Engineer specializing in network services supporting the Air Operation Center (AOC), located at Langley AFB, VA. The anticipated availability date for this opening is: late-March/April 2020.
- Identify, analyze, and recommend technical solutions.
- Shepherd changes to the baseline through the process from initiation to fielding
- Provide critical information necessary to appropriately prioritize the team’s work backlog
- Maintain contact and collaborate with 3rd Party product providers
- Track new versions through development and independent test activities
- Evaluate technical issues that could affect functionality or delivery schedules
- Collect and review technical documentation
- Participate in conferences, interchanges, and product demos
- Complete engineering functional analysis in support of content and release decisions
- Create and present proposed hardware/software changes to working groups and review boards
- Participate and travel with Site Assistance Team Visits (SATV)s
- Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS)
- Citrix XenApp / Xen Desktop
- Citrix NetScaler
- Network Components
- Cisco Nexus switches & extenders
- Cisco Catalyst switches
- Cisco Routers
- Cisco Fabric Interconnects
- Palo Alto Next Generation Firewall
- Network Management
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- SolarWinds (NCM, NPM, SAM, etc.)
- Active Directory/DNS
- SQL Server
- SIEM tool(s)
- MS Exchange
- Sharepoint (MOSS)
- XMPP (TransVerse and TacChat)
- JIRA Service Desk
- Advanced Degree
(MA/MS) and 12 years of experience (5 years DoD), or;
- BA/BS degree, and 15 years of experience (5 years DoD), or;
- 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications (8 DoD).
- Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT)
- Cisco Certified Technician (CCT) Routing & Switching
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing & Switching
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing & Switching
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to work in a multi-disciplined environment with an adaptive personality.
- Candidate should have excellent communication skills – both oral and written – and possess analytical skills to identify and fault isolate problems/issues, accurately assess relevance of information, generate and evaluate alternatives, and provide solution recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud-based architecture is required.
- Must have an active US Secret Security Clearance
|Job Category||Network Engineer|