Location: Hampton, VA
Clearance: Secret (required)
Travel: CONUS/OCONUS travel is required (approximately 25%)
Anticipated start: Immediate
PCI has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer specializing in risk management supporting the Air Operation Center (AOC), located at Langley AFB, VA. The anticipated availability date for this opening is: late-March/April 2020.
- Serves as a cross-functional advisor, coordinator, and facilitator to the programmatic areas with inherent risks using the Risk Reporting Matrices, analyzing causes of an event, with a potentially negative impact to the program, and devises a credible mitigation plan to reduce the risk to an acceptable threshold.
- Analyzes, develops, and maintains Risk Management Plans and presents credible risk migration strategy to Program Manager.
- Works with the Government team to maintain the program’s risk repository
- Provide expertise in revising and updating risk related materials in other supporting documents (i.e. program SEP, TEMP, etc.)
- Coordinates and conducts monthly Risk and Opportunity Management meetings between the Program Office and Prime Contractor as well as an annual Risk Management refresher course for the program office.
- Experience on DoD, Air Force, and local Risk, Issues, and Opportunity Management policies and procedures.
- Advanced Degree
(MA/MS) and 12 years of experience (5 years DoD), or;
- BA/BS degree, and 15 years of experience (5 years DoD), or;
- 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications (8 DoD).
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to work in a multi-disciplined environment with an adaptive personality.
- Candidate should have excellent communication skills – both oral and written – and possess analytical skills to identify and fault isolate problems/issues, accurately assess relevance of information, generate and evaluate alternatives, and provide solution recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud-based architecture is required.
- Familiarity with IT-based risk management a plus
- Familiarity with the AOC weapon system and/or its components a plus.
- Must have an active US Secret Security Clearance
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|