(HBB 9057) Network Cyber Security Engineer II – Hanscom AFB (MA)
Location: Bedford, MA
Travel: Up to 25% CONUS/OCONUS travel may be required
PCI is actively seeking a Network Cyber Security Engineer to provide support to the Air Operations Center (AOC) Program Office, which is within the Digital Directorate located at Hanscom AFB, MA.
This capability will be responsible for developing/integrating cybersecurity through all lines of effort and into the “system of systems” capability. There will need to be a high level knowledge of network cybersecurity to ensure appropriate language is included in contract actions, and appropriate Security Technical Implementation Guides are followed/integrated to ensure robust cybersecurity.
Additionally, they will have to have an in-depth knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process to work with the Command and Control Approving Official to ensure Baseline System Authority to Operate (ATO) is in place.
- Ensure engineering activities (analysis, design, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring) best meets (as resources allow) established requirements (e.g., RMF & DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide).
- Cloud-based security architecture experience: AWS, Openstack, VMware, etc.
- Develop, review, and refine Continuity of Operations (COOP) package documentation and related artifacts.
- Advanced knowledge of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS cloud service models; advanced knowledge in Cloud design, development and implementation.
- Utilizes industry best practices for root cause analysis of Enterprise design, or configuration failures related to Cyber security.
- Responsibilities may include planning and/or deploying AOC WS Enterprise-wide cyber security improvements, tech refreshes, and system software enhancements or upgrades with an eye toward improving, monitoring, and validating the security of the Enterprise.
- Provide, maintain and enhance system security, architecture, and design to meet customer and AF standards.
- Comply with RMF, DoD Directive (DoDD) 8500.01E, DoD Instruction (DoDI) 8500.2, DoDI 8500.01, and DoDI 8510.01 and other IA/Cybersecurity guidance and directives as applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience, of which 3 years must have bene in support on DoD or Air Force programs.
- Must have a
current Security + certification.
- CISSP certification is desirable.
- Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to work in a multi-disciplined environment with an adaptive personality.
- Candidate should have excellent communication skills – both oral and written – and possess analytical skills to identify and fault isolate problems/issues, accurately assess relevance of information, generate and evaluate alternatives, and provide solution recommendations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud-based architecture is required.
- Candidate must have an active US security clearance.
|Job Category||Cybersecurity, Network Engineer|