Location: Omaha, NE
Travel: Occasional CONUS/OCONUS travel could be required (up to 25%)
PCI is actively seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support the Weather Systems Branch of the Digital Directorate at Offutt AFB, NE.
- Design and document IT/Data Center infrastructure solutions to meet Air Force functional and shared infrastructure weather community requirements while adhering to architecture standards, policies, baseline management, and cyber security requirements for the Air Force and DoD; and fully and seamlessly integrating with other parts of the AF Weather Enterprise.
- Effectively communicate IT/Data Center infrastructure solutions to engineering teams. Oversee implementation to provide technical guidance and ensure successful implementation of solutions.
- Analyze requirements to develop accurate technical estimates and cost trades, produce detailed materiel solution procurement documentation, and perform technical evaluations of proposals for Weather systems solutions and technical refresh activities.
- Assist program managers with analyzing requirements, developing derived requirements, and crafting technical requirements and guidance for Performance Work Statements.
- Manage capacity analysis requests and tasks to determine if new requirements can be accommodated by existing systems without increasing risks to mission essential functions.
- Develop and maintain technical baseline information for Air Force Weather functional requirements and/or common/shared infrastructure capabilities.
- Manage and perform detailed reviews on configuration change requests and perform audits as necessary following change requests and implementations to maintain accurate technical baseline information.
- Evaluate existing and new weather requirements, develop primary and alternative IT technical solutions and estimates, and ensure proper and complete systems engineering (to include training, documentation, and logistics) to ensure system performance is achieved in accordance with program requirements.
- Participate in program reviews, IPTs, project implementation meetings, customer meetings, engineering meetings, cyber security meetings, and test activities. Author requirements or tasks for prime contractor to perform analysis, design, implementation, or disposal work for a variety Weather systems components, systems, or capabilities.
- Participate in and evaluate studies including capacity analysis for new requirements.
- Provide system/program engineering, technical support and technical training to support programs/initiatives, including but not limited to: acquisition, development, integration, testing, sustainment, continued evolution, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations oversight.
- Coordinates with other Air Force Weather Programs to ensure smooth integration of system upgrades within the Air Force Weather Enterprise.
- Provide engineering support services and inputs to program and project risk management activities in compliance with AF SEAM processes
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of Computer Engineering or Computer Science experience; three years of DoD experience desired
- Must have a current Security+ certification. CISSP certification is desirable.
- Must have a strong foundation in IT Data Center systems planning.
- Must have experience with
Linux, and demonstrated IT knowledge/experience in at least 3 of the
following technology areas:
- Operating Systems,
- Storage Arrays,
- Long Haul Communications
- Rack Mounted Infrastructures
- Security scanning/monitoring
- Cross Domain Guards
- Load balanced enterprise infrastructure
- PKI infrastructure
- High Performance Computing
- Knowledge of commercial cloud computing environments and/or GOVcloud implementations is desired
- Knowledge of “containerization” approaches for faster deployment of software capabilities is desired
- Experience with Visio or AutoCAD is desired.
- Experience with complex problem-solving techniques and systems engineering
- Ability to keep accurate documentation of systems and changes
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-functional team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
|Job Category||Systems Engineer|