(HBA 10024) FMS Acquisition Program Manager – Hanscom AFB (MA)
Location: Bedford, MA
Travel: CONUS/OCONUS travel will be required (up to 4 times, annually)
PCI has an exciting opportunity for program management support to Foreign Military Sales programs within the Foreign Military Sales Branch, Aerospace Management Systems Division, and the Digital Directorate located at Hanscom AFB, MA.
- Manage FMS acquisition programs in accordance with DoD policy and regulations, including Security Assistance Manpower Requirements System (SAMRS) and Defense Security Assistance Management System (DSAMS)
- Execute FMS system acquisition in collaboration with other relevant FMS Government agencies, including SAF/IA, AFSAC, DSCA, AFLCMC/WFNFM, Foreign Disclosure Office (FDO); Tri-Service Committee (TSC), etc.
- Manage all aspects of sound DoD acquisition planning (e.g., industry day, market research, source selection planning, ASP planning, SOO/SOW/PWS writing, RFP planning, RFP document preparation, contract negotiation prep, etc.)
- Comply with FMS-specific requirements, such as mandatory use of in-country subcontractors; interface with SAF/IA, AFSAC, DSCA, AFLCMC/WFNFM, Foreign Disclosure Office (FDO); Tri-Service Committee (TSC), etc.)
- Prepare and support various Program Office activities and meetings, to include US Government-internal meetings, case meetings, design reviews, Program Assessment Reviews (PARs), Interface Control Working Groups (ICWG), Technical Interchange Meetings, and case reviews
- Independently and successfully perform as representative (with no decisional authority) of the program office to the customer country’s Ministry of Defense (MOD), Office of Defense Cooperation (ODC), Air Force, etc. and capability to answer complex questions in real-time to customer country representatives
- Assess cost, schedule, and performance against program baselines, recommend viable solutions to execution issues, and pursue alternative courses of action.
- Plan, research, analyze and assess system acquisition in terms of development, production and deployment of weapons systems and associated equipment; formulate plans and recommend effective strategies in meeting cost, schedule and performance objectives.
- Develop and present briefings/schedules of program status and acquisition tasks to senior management.
- Provide program administrative support by continually updating program status in reporting tools and overseeing program SharePoint site.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in DoD systems acquisition and program management principles, policies, and practices as defined in DoDI 5000.02 as well as knowledge of roles and relationships with the DoD and Air Force
- Experience with and possess comprehensive knowledge of principles, policies and practices of FMS system acquisition and program management, utilizing mandated systems (i.e., Security Assistance Manpower Requirements System (SAMRS) and Defense Security Assistance Management System (DSAMS))
- Experience in executing DoD programs with prime contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers from foreign countries
- Extensive background supporting all aspects of sound acquisition planning (e.g., industry day, market research, source selection planning, ASP planning, SOO/SOW/PWS writing, RFP planning, RFP document preparation, contract negotiation prep, etc.) with a special emphasis on FMS-specific peculiarities
- Extensive experience in FMS-specific acquisition to include working knowledge of Anti-Tamper (AT) requirements, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) regulations, Manpower Resource Plan (MRP) preparation, Letter of Request (LOR) for Technical Assistance, LOR for Price and Availability (P&A) responses, LOR for Letter of Offer and Assistance (LOA) responses, Freight Forwarding and Customs import processes, MASL codes, etc.
- Ability to respect and work with customer country customs, etiquette and business practices
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, providing quality acquisition and program documentation (briefings, documents, plans, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office products
- MUST have an active US security clearance
|Job Category||DoD Acquisition, Program Manager|