The Engineer will be supporting and maintaining F5 load balancers (e.g. out-of-the-box configuration, maintenance, redundancy, upgrades), both physical and Virtual Editions on premises and in cloud environments.
Strong knowledge of networking and security principles, and understand complex interconnections with F5 components and other enterprise network technologies
- Experience using packet capture analysis tools like tcpdump, ssldump, and openssl, to assist in troubleshooting and evaluating anomalous network activity
- Experience with Cisco switches (basic VLAN configuration, software upgrades, port security, StackWise configuration)
- Excellent written and oral skills for interacting directly with management and customers
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems (CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects of varying priority
- Experience configuring F5 instances in AWS
- Experience with VMware
- UNIX/Linux System Administration experience
- Understanding of web services and REST APIs
- Knowledge of Ansible or other automation technologies
- BS in a technical field and 10+ years of experience is required
- F5 LTM, GTM & BIG-IQ experience
- IAT level II/III certification as defined by DoD 8570.01-M is required
- Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices is a plus
- Security vulnerability management guidance
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, F5 application service support (VDI, Exchange, DNS etc.)
Active TS with Poly is required. Candidates without an active clearance will not be considered.
PCI is an equal opportunity employer with over 12 years supporting the customer, and partnerships with Amazon, Elastic and Microsoft Azure. We consider our employees our most valuable asset, prioritizing company culture and providing generous benefits.
We were founded on the principal that uncompromising personal integrity and ethics are the primary guides in all business situations. We believe that the company’s collective character is of utmost importance, the trust of our clients is sacred, and view reliability as a requisite quality in each of our professionals. PCI is centered on ensuring three principles are ingrained in everything that we do: Performance, Commitment and Integrity.