(AECSS RAD 3) Operations Research Analyst III – APG (MD)
Location: Remote with occasional reporting to Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland
Clearance Required: Secret
Anticipated start date: early 2021
PCI has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Research Analyst III to support Army Test operations at Aberdeen Proving Ground. This task order supports services for Readiness and Analytics and Training and Professional Development (RAD).
- Work with several Army programs under test from vehicles to mounted weapons and associated sensors.
- Provide data analytics for the test team and will evaluate products produced by other analysts.
- A qualified candidate must demonstrate greater experience in conducting analysis, developing solutions, utilizing information technology, and presenting findings.
- Perform scientific work involving the designing, developing, and adapting of mathematical, statistical, econometric, and other scientific methods and techniques.
- Utilize skills to support systems evaluation and program execution.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality of product or service, and suggests changes to increase efficiency.
- Provide support to ATEC System Teams (ASTs) with the identification and integration of M&S into the System Evaluation Plan; supporting the independent, continuous, and comprehensive evaluation planning and analysis of Army programs.
- Research and recommend M&S tools to support system evaluations.
- Conduct systematic examinations and development of alternative courses of action to provide COR with sound, scientific, and quantitative information as a basis for decision making.
- Produces and reviews technical documentation reflecting detailed knowledge of specific technical area.
- Master’s degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or closely related technical discipline, plus 10 (ten) years of experience with progressively increasing support responsibility.
- Secret security clearance is required.
Specialized Commodity Experience Required:
- Five (5) years of experience gained within the past 10 years (2010 to present) in system readiness evaluation in any of the following:
- (Human Systems Integration) HSI to include training, manpower, personnel, system safety, health hazards, Soldier survivability and human factors engineering;
- Integrated Product Support (IPS) elements to include Product Support Management, Design Interface, Sustaining Engineering, Supply Support, Support Equipment; Packaging, Handling, Storage and Transportation, Computer Resources, Manpower and Personnel, Maintenance Planning and Management, Training and Training Support, Facilities and Infrastructure, and Technical Data Management;
- Doctrine, Organization, Training, Materiel, Leader Development, Personnel, Facilities, and Policy (DOTMLPF-P); and
- Experience with Soldier readiness, unit readiness, and Army readiness; unit employment; mission context; mission tasks; tactics, techniques, and procedures; and platform integration.
- Five (5) years of experience gained within the past 10 years (2010 to present) in evaluation sciences in any of the following:
- Analytical techniques such as predictive analytics and risk analytics; natural language processing, machine learning, and artificial intelligence; data requirements analysis, data modeling, data cleaning, and database structures; data mining and visualization; conceptual modeling; and statistical analysis techniques;
- Demonstrated experience in use and application of one or more of the following programming languages common in data science: Python, R, Java, SQL, and/or No-SQL); and
- Demonstrated experience in use and application of one or more of the following math packages common in data science: MATLAB, JMP, and/or SAS.