(AECSS BMDED 2) Operations Test & Evaluation Specialist
Location: Remote with occasional reporting to (either):
- Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, AL
- Schriever AFB, Colorado Springs, CO
Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Anticipated start date: (no later than) December 1, 2020
# of Openings: Level IV (2) / Level III (1)
PCI has an exciting opportunity for an OT&E Specialist to support the Army Test Operations, Ballistic Missile Defense Evaluation Division (BMDED).
May serve as a working leader responsible for leading and providing technical advice and direction to lower graded personnel. Works independently on duties which may include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring work
- Ensuring product quality, accuracy, and timeliness
- Consolidating reports for COR regarding status updates and billing
- Reviewing collected data for completeness, accuracy, and validity
- Performs a variety of routine OT&E tasks designed to provide experience and familiarization with Operations, Test, and Evaluation methods, practices, and programs.
- Works under the guidance and direction of an engineer
- Assignments screened for unusual or difficult problems and techniques
- Procedures to be applied to the solution of problems will be selected by an engineer or the supervisor
- Provides professional OT&E support within allocated task resources.
- Performs portions of OT&E tasks under the detailed direction of an engineer.
- Applies commonly used equations and techniques to evaluate and solve assigned problems or systems.
- Coordinates with others to assure all safety, security, environmental, and community concerns are adequately addressed.
- Serves as an expert for providing technical guidance and information to meet requirements.
Position Specific Qualifications:
- Level IV: Must possess a bachelor’s degree and 8 years’ experience, or 12 years’ experience in lieu of degree, in development and/or testing planning, reviewing, executing testing, and reporting of Operational Test and Evaluation and include implementation of Continuous Comprehensive evaluation concepts and procedures.
- Level III: Must possess a bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience, or 9 years’ experience in lieu of degree, in development and/or testing planning, reviewing, executing testing, and reporting of Operational Test and Evaluation and include implementation of Continuous Comprehensive evaluation concepts and procedures.
- Experience in DoD integrated test philosophy, test regulations, and coordinated test and evaluation programs are required.
- Must be familiar with DoD drawings, specifications practices, formats, and procedures
- Top Secret security clearance is required with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI).
Task Order Qualifications:
In addition to the specific experience in each position, candidates must also possess the following specialized experience for this task order. Five (5) years of experience within the last ten years in any one of the following areas:
- Developmental test (DT), operational test (OT),
and evaluation methods for Army and Joint Service missile defense systems and
programs to include but not limited to:
- Radar technology
- Missile booster dynamics
- Kill vehicle functions
- Hypersonic vehicle dynamics
- Directed energy defense systems
- Command and control of missile defense systems
- Missile defense system interoperability
- Spaced based sensor platforms
- Missile defense system analysis or missile defense system operational assessment
- Experience is defined as activities to include T&E planning, test execution, data collection during test, evaluation of test or modeling data, and development of evaluation analysis plans and reports
- Integrating Army and Joint Service system
acquisition documentation in the development of DOD system acquisition products
for T&E of BMDS systems and sub-systems. Examples include:
- BMDS Operational Assessment (OA) Report
- BMDS Operational Assessment Plan (OAP)
- Data Management and Analysis Plan (DMAP)
- Evaluation Database (EDB)
- Evaluation Scenario Presentations
- Evaluation Dendritic
- Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E)
- Baseline Correlation Matrix (BCM)
- Data Source Matrix (DSM)
- BMDS OTA Scenario Quad Charts
- BMDS OTA Traceability Matrix
- OT&E chapter of the Integrated Master Test Plan (IMTP)
- Assessment Reports, Safety Releases, and Safety Confirmations
- Application of modeling and simulation (M&S)
as applied to the BMDS. Conduct accreditation assessment for all M&S used
in Missile Defense Agency (MDA) tests by ensuring that the verification and
validation (V&V) activities provide evidence to demonstrate that the
M&S are representing the real-world system and are suitable for operational
performance assessments. Accreditation assessment activities include but are
not limited to:
- BMDS Federation of models
- Framework verification
- Threat implementation accreditation
- Core truth models, communication models, sensor models and weapon system models.
- Providing accreditation report of events and a comprehensive report of accreditation for each major incremental delivery of the BMDS.
- Conducting cybersecurity operational testing and monitoring developmental cyber testing. Report directly to DOT&E regarding testing outlined in DOT&E memo. Inform warfighter and services of cyber vulnerabilities, the degree to which those vulnerabilities could be exploited by an element, mission networks, and network defense capabilities to protect, detect, react, and restore against a cyber-attack using representative threat models and vectors. Produce cybersecurity assessment reports linked to each test event
- Oral and written communication such as briefings, writing technical papers, etc. for BMDS
|Job Category||Test Engineer|